beach, please!

Every time we travel outside of the Philippines, we always want to check-out the beaches. Locals will brag and hype-up their priced locations and then when we get there–FAIL! Although we always tried being polite and verbally appreciate the beauty of their shores or at least try to look for something that will compensate with it’s (ahem) mediocrity.

“The sandbar is eeer-kay… Oh look! Those boats are soooo pretty!”

elnido

See, Filipinos have a very high standards when it comes to beaches. I mean come on, we all grew up on a place with at least one beach not more than an hour drive. And I may be too proud but I know you will agree when I say that we have the best in the world. These made us so attached with our beaches, that summer became synonymous with the sun, sand and shore.

It made us happy and proud that Filipinos are not just beach bums and sloths anymore! We passed through that phase of posting 160 pictures per minute of selfie duck-pouts when we are chillin’ on a beach. We are becoming more and more aware of the conditions and ecology of our shorelines. It started with some local initiatives like beach cleaning campaigns, garbage-in garbage-out programs and even the local businesses that are starting to use non-plastic materials in their products and services.

For working people like us who do not have the luxury of time of to volunteer and try to free whales or assist some sea turtles laying eggs and whatnot, the least thing we can do is to be a responsible traveler.

Sand erosion is something that we underestimate. When we attended Malasimbo couple of weeks ago and we noticed something, the shoreline was pushed back at a noticeable degree. We where there half a decade ago and for sure it looked better that what greeted us on the White Beach. So you think Boracay is divine? Well have you seen it in the 80’s? I did, trust me when I say that what you can see now is nothing as to what it was before commercialism and waves of tourist bastardized that small fishing island.

LAGU_fliptravels

So when Lagu came out in the market, this made us want to use and share it to the world mainly because of three things: One, it repels sand and helps prevent sand erosion; two, it is multi-purpose and; three, it is Filipino made.

To show our support we are giving away two Lagu beach-friendly blankets to our readers. Just follow these 3 easy steps:

Step 1. Like Lagu and Fliptravels on Facebook to qualify

Step 2. Answer either of these two questions: (a) How will you use Lagu creatively? (b) What is your favorite Lagu color? Post your answer in the comment box bellow

Step 3. There is no step 3

Two winners will be chosen by fishbowl method on Easter Sunday March 31 at 8PM.

LAGU 2 fliptravels

Gay of pinaytraveljunkie.com used her Lagu as a make-shift Hta-mein in Myanmar and we just love using ours as sleeping blankets!

We are one with our beaches, we grew up and thrived on 7,100 islands and 18,000 km of shoreline, it is about time we help protect it! So beach, please!

Lagu is also available online at Zalora.ph

CONGRATULATION TO OUR WINNERS!

We will get in touch with you guys and we will be shipping the Lagu beach blankets to your home addresses!

WATCH OUT FOR MORE FREEBIES THIS SUMMER!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
31 Comments
  • Kara B

March 24, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Because I am a Beach Lover too, I think I’ll use Lagu as a nice and stylish beach “cover up” or as a head scarf. =)

• Loreen

March 24, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Lagu can be use as a hammock but be sure to carry a string for it 😀 and a skirt or a simple tube dress too!!! cool!

• Mervz | pinoyadventurista.com

March 24, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I’ll use it as I bum on the beach watching great bodies around! 😉

• Lakbay Diva

March 24, 2013 at 4:42 pm

It was the last night, under the moonless, star-blanketed expanse of the dark that ignited our passion. My hand snaked from her legs, up to her thighs, and to the heavenly gates. She quivered as I played like the piano – soft with the touch, eliciting an ascending arpeggio. our desires flamed and raged on that blessed, deserted beach, with nothing but us lovers, and this Lagu beach blanket cover.

i want a step 3! 😛

• janeth coburn

March 25, 2013 at 1:06 am

will use it as a stylish wrap dress, a skirt of a cover up.

• Hancel Reyes

March 25, 2013 at 3:38 am

Konting buhol lang, pwede na maging bag para sa mga dadalhin sa beach. Pagdating dun, pwedeng ilatag para maging higaan sa tabi ng dagat. Pwede ding pamunas pagkatapos magswimming. Proteksyon sa araw kung sobrang init. Pantakip kapag magpapalit na ng damit. O kaya, un na lang mismo maging damit na pamalit :p

• mary ann alvarez

March 25, 2013 at 9:16 am

I’ll use my Lagu as a showl

• Imee

March 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

sinabi na nilang lahat! pero yeah, if I win this I’d bring it to my Penang trip in April and use it as a shawl, a blanket, a makeshift bag, a cover-up, a sarong, and maybe even a mini changing tent. =)

• Frances

March 25, 2013 at 5:13 pm

SUMMMER na!!! lagu beach-friendly blankets invades people loves to travel light like me! I’m gonna use it as Lucky 8 ‘towel,blanket,scarf,pillow,tube,dress,skirt,bag’. Truly its more Fun in the Philippines with Filipino travel bloggers who shares tips! Happy Travels! 🙂

• Jam @icoSnap

March 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

So jealous, its summer in the Philippines already while its blazing cold and snowy here in Germany. I do miss the beach and the warm sunny weather.

• Koko

March 29, 2013 at 3:32 am

Would love to get Lagu in Naranja to match my travel gear. All my travel-related items are in Orange or shades related to. I will also probably use it as a makeshift parasol to beach trips on deserted island where the closest tree shade is usually too far from the water. To illustrate, check this out: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/7016_150470077824_6720079_n.jpg

• Astrid

March 29, 2013 at 3:32 am

The Naranja would be perfect companion as it can act as a blanket on a long bus ride, to a beach bag on a boat for island hopping then to a mat while lazily lying on white sand. 😀

• Astrid

March 29, 2013 at 3:35 am

The Naranja would be the perfect companion as it can transform from a blanket during a long bus ride to a beach bag while riding a boat to an island where I can use it as a blanket as I lazily lie on the sand. 😀

• Kenneth

March 29, 2013 at 3:37 am

I’ll bring my favorite blue Lagu Towel on Mt. Pulag and make it as one of my blanket / cover.

• Koko

March 29, 2013 at 3:42 am

Would love to get Lagu in Naranja to match my travel gear since all my travel- related stuff is in orange or shades related to. Aside from using it as a towel, beach blanket, sleeping blanket, shawl, skirt and headress I’d also use it as a makeshift parasol on the beach trips to deserted islands. I love beaches as much as you do and nothing beats discovering deserted beaches but that usually means that the closest shade is too far off from the water. Check this out: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/7016_150470077824_6720079_n.jpg taken in maculabo island in 2009

• Lette

March 29, 2013 at 9:48 am

I wanna use it as my all-around wrap! Pang-shower, extra scarf around my neck and my nifty pang-bilad sa araw! 😉 yellow color to be loud and proud 😉

• Kris C

March 29, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Even on the beach, or during an adventure at that, accidents can happen, any place and at any given moment. Being in the medical profession, it will always be my second nature to help, or even improvise, and use my rosa oscura lagu blanket as an arm sling – to immobilize a broken arm, or as a tourniquet – to temporarily stop bleeding from an open wound. 🙂

• Kris C

March 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Rosa Oscuro 🙂

• cielo san pedro

March 30, 2013 at 2:23 am

Lots of uses for my Yellow Lagu: for the beach as beach mat, sundress, towel, scarf, turban, tent, tapis,tote bag. for travels as blanket, sunshade, headgear, divider, baby carrier, baby cradle. I love it!!! 😀

• pael m.

March 31, 2013 at 2:32 am

aguamarino and celeste for the win!!!
    the colors are so summer 2013 pantone!
    on the beach i will use it as (of course) beach mat, but in transit i will use it as wrap cushion for my i-pad!

• katherine anne correa

March 31, 2013 at 2:46 am

Would love to get the Verde Lagu! ???

• katherine anne correa

March 31, 2013 at 2:50 am

I wanna win the Verde Lagu!???

• Kaiye Pallarco

March 31, 2013 at 4:56 am

(a) How will you use Lagu creatively?
    I’ll give the Lagu to Endette so that she use it to wipe her tears every finals week! Hihi *evil grin*

(b) What is your favorite Lagu color?
    Yellow! Lakas maka-summer all year ang peg!

• Beng Fontiveros

March 31, 2013 at 5:07 am

Naranja for me! Pwedeng pantakip sa bibig ng friend mo pag isspill na nya ang secrets mo pag inuman! Happy easter!

• Darwin | Tracking Treasure

March 31, 2013 at 10:50 am

I will use it as cape or magic carpet to fly on my next beach destination. (pero ang totoo gusto ko syang ipasak sa bibig nung daldalerang makati pa ang dila sa pinagsamang higad at gabe, at ng makatikim naman sya ng mamahaling beach blanket. bwahahaha!)

• Darwin | Tracking Treasure

March 31, 2013 at 10:52 am

I like the blue one..

• Dennis M.

March 31, 2013 at 10:58 am

Dahil borles ako rarampa da beach, hahawakan ko lang si Violeta habang hinihipan ng windalu. Tapos kung may chaka sa dalampasigan, icocover ko sa kanya yung bitbit ko. Kung may hombs na borta, iwawasiwas ko sa harap niya pahaging sa notes tapos kakantahan ko siya ng isang birit na kanta para pansinin ako. Ganun.

• Natz Lumabad

March 31, 2013 at 10:59 am

I like the color Verde, which on picture looks similar to the color of the sun! 😀

• […] recently won a beautiful Lagu beach blanket from Flip’n Travels from their blog contest. Pardon the upside-down pic, but did you guess what it was when you saw […]

• Christian | Lakad Pilipinas

November 27, 2013 at 12:39 am

taragis! sabi ko na nga ba’t pwede sa sand erosion yan eh! 😀

• flipntravels

December 1, 2013 at 10:00 am

Hahahaha, i actually lost mine! haha